If you are clicking on this page: thanks! Sharing art/ideas with the world is intimidating as hell so it's cool that you want to do that with us! We can't wait to see what's on your mind. In general when we look through submissions we are not looking for anything to be "good" we are just looking for it to be authentic and feeling like it is coming from a personal place.
To streamline things, please make sure you look over this page so when your work gets in our inbox it's pretty much ready to go!
If you have an idea of what you want to create, send us some of your previous work and vision for the project. We are open to your most out there ideas so please try and surprise us.
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONS
- if your piece is written, make sure to have it edited as you want for grammar, spelling, capitalization, and readability. this should be ready to publish as is.
- if you want to send images: we like seeing a large selection, think more not less!! dump them in a google drive and share the link with us
- if your piece is a video, upload to vimeo or youtube and send us the link
- if your piece is audio send as an mp3
- by sending your work in, you as a submitter give rights to The Messy Heads to publish on the blog, magazine, or across any of our social media. In sending this, you also affirm that you are responsible for the repercussion of your own post. You also affirm that this is your sole intellectual property and not a reproduction or close recreation of somebody else’s work. We want your authentic voice and perspective.
- In short: In sending in a submission, you agree that this is your own work and nobody else’s and allow us to distribute and edit it.
- If you wish to retract your submission because it conflicts with the above terms, you have 24 hours to do so.
CONTRIBUTE TO A MOOD BOARD
MOODS IN THE MAKING
- ALMOST FORGOT
- LOST IN THE DIGITAL WORLD
Subject of your email should be Your name as you want it to appear / What you are submitting for
Example: Glen Coco / Context
This just makes it easier on us!
- Title of your piece
- A little about you!
- Your name as you want it to appear
- can be a handle
- can be your full name
- can be a fake name
- can be anonymous
- To attach your work...
OK! You ARE READY TO SEND In!
❤ firstname.lastname@example.org ❤
*Please note we receive a high volume of submissions! We really appreciate you wanting to make art for us, but the important thing is you make art for yourself! Also if we don't respond it means we either: can't bring ourselves to check emails, are saving your work for later, it got lost in the internet realm. Keep trying! If you are new to submitting, check out the current mood boards to see what you have to submit! Could be only a couple of words or images.