messy is made with love and art in mind
welcome to our community.
Our number one love in this whole ordeal is making our quarterly (glances around nervously) publication, which takes a new shape and form and length each time. The first page on the website (#1) will always have info about our latest print issue, or our next one. This will be where you can order, see sneak content, and figure out how to contribute yourself.
If you join our subscription services (check down below) you will not only get the magazines before anyone else, but you will also get secret content... say love letters, t-shirts, paintings, a piece of us for you, you know? Well, you won't unless you get a subscription.
As much as we want you to touch and tangibly hold what we create, we wanted to create an online space to share art and thoughts without having to follow guidelines. We hope you dive into the series on these websites and scroll through, questioning and discovering more about yourself.
This is how the site works.
On the first of each month, we unveil new artists and new theme pages, curated by multiple people. They are collections of thoughts, photos, videos, art, words, and feelings for you to scroll through. If you are really enjoying an artist's work, you can head to the print shop and buy a piece of their work to hang on your wall, give as a gift, fold into a paper crane. The prints are only available only during the month the gallery is up. Once the next month rolls around, the pages are archived and the new set goes up!
YOU can contribute to Messy
Numbered pages are thoughts or idea collections built around a theme, that anyone can submit to.
You can also be an artist of the month by sending in a curated selection of your work.
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONS
- Must be submitted by the 25th of the month to be considered
- if your piece is written, make sure to have it edited for grammar, spelling, capitalization, and readability. this should be ready to publish as is.
- if your piece is a photo series or image scan, upload the files to wetransfer and include the link in your email.
- if your piece is a video, upload to vimeo or youtube and send us the link
- if your piece is audio, upload to vimeo or youtube with an image or black screen behind
- by sending your work in, you as a submitter give rights to The Messy Heads to publish on the blog, magazine, or across any of our social media. In sending this, you also affirm that you are responsible for the repercussion of your own post. You also affirm that this is your sole intellectual property and not a reproduction or close recreation of somebody else’s work. We want your authentic voice and perspective.
- In short: In sending in a submission, you agree that this is your own work and nobody else’s and allow us to distribute and edit it.
- If you wish to retract your submission because it conflicts with the above terms, you have 24 hours to do so.